Dining Out For Life, a national annual fundraising event, returns to El Paso on Thursday, April 25, after a brief hiatus. Houston and El Paso are the only Texas cities participating this year. Throughout the day, more than 20 local restaurants will donate 25-50% of their proceeds to El Paso’s International AIDS Empowerment organization.
This nonprofit’s mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV/AIDS and to reduce the incidence of new infections through education, outreach and testing. For more info and how you can help, visit internationalaids.org.
In honor of this charitable event, What’s Up has asked me to profile 3 participating restaurants. You can read it here. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram(@bettyfemme), Twitter(@epvegsnob) or Facebook (elpasovegsnob), where I’ve been posting pics of dishes from participating restaurants.
Visit diningoutforlife.com to find out if your city is participating.
Dine during these mealtimes at the restaurants listed below on April 25. Pretty much all of them are vegan/vegetarian friendly. The most veg friendly places are Eloise, Magic Bistro, Opus World Bistro, Ripe Eatery and Sam’s Chinese Restaurant. All restaurants are donating 25% except for Red Mountain Bistro. They are graciously donating 50%! Eloise and Magic Bistro normally serve food only during lunch hours, but both will be extending their lunch menus into the dinner hours for this night.
- Andre’s Pizza (915) 833-0255 Dinner (V)
- Ardovino’s Desert Crossing (575) 589-0653 Dinner (V)
- Bella Napoli Ristorante Italiano (915) 584-3321 Dinner (V)
- Dominic’s Italian (915) 778-0011 Lunch, Dinner, Late Night (V)
- Eloise (915) 581-2441 Lunch, Dinner, Late Night (V)
- Emilia’s on the Plaza (Las Cruces) (575) 652-3007 Lunch, Dinner (?)
- Italians (915) 400-4550 Lunch, Dinner (V)
- Japanese Crepe House (915) 760-8977 Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (V) Read my blog review here>>
- Magic Bistro (915) 833-2121 Lunch, Dinner (V) Read my review in What’s Up here>>
- Opus World Bistro (915) 585-2221 Lunch, Dinner (V) Read my blog review here>>
- Pacifica Seafood & Bar (915) 581-1336 Dinner (?)
- Paco Wong’s Chinese Restaurant (915) 581-7111 Lunch, Dinner (V)
- El Parque Restaurant (915) 633-1717 Dinner (not very veg friendly. appetizers & potato flautas are only options; beans have lard) Read my review in What’s Up here>>
- Pot au feu (915) 503-8158 Dinner (V) Read my review in What’s Up here>>
- Red Mountain Bistro (915) 585-6940 Lunch, Dinner (V) Read my review in What’s Up here>>
- Ripe Eatery (915) 584-7473 Lunch, Dinner (V)
- Ruli’s International Kitchen (915) 541-9990 Dinner, Late Night (V)
- Sam’s Chinese Restaurant (915) 577-0961 Lunch, Dinner (V)
- Sparrows Spirits & Pies (915) 855-7437 Lunch (V) Read my review in What’s Up here>>
- Star City Kitchen & Bar (915) 307-4496 Dinner (V)
- Sunny’s Sushi West (915) 842-9508 Lunch, Dinner (V) (ask for the agedasi tofu w/out fish powder. It’s so good!) Read my review in What’s Up here>>
- Sushi Express (915) 581-3841 Lunch (V)
- Tabla (915) 533-8935 Lunch, Dinner (V)