I’ve got just a few updates for you this month. Hope you’ve been enjoying the farmers’ market this summer. Best of all, it’s now green chile season! Pretty much all grocery stores in town are roasting up a storm.
- Mercado Mayapan is continuing their Veg Fridays with an all vegetarian/vegan menu from 11 am to 3 pm. They will also host children’s (must be at least 5 years old) yoga classes on Saturdays at 11 am throughout August.
- Opus World Bistro will offer a vegan wine dinner on August 23 and 24 for $45 or $28 without wine. Reservations can be made at 915-585-2221. You can view the menu here. Everything sounds amazing, but I’m especially intrigued by “Braised Stuffed Romaine “Parcels al a Nage with Thai Curry” and “Raw Vegetable Lasanga with Chard, Squash, Basil Oil and Red Wine Marinara, Herbed Pinenut “Cheese.”
- Vegan Mexican Cooking Class taught by yours truly. Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 1 pm at Sukie’s Kitchen, 6757 Gato Rd. Cost: $15 suggested donation. Class size limited to 12. Paid reservations due Wednesday, August 22. I’ll show you how to make salsa, refried beans, potato flautas w/salsa verde, and calabacitas. Register and pay online here.
- The Hoppy Monk will be offering lunch specials on Sundays througout August and September. $5 burgers were featured this Sunday. You can also nominate them for best American craft beer bar at this site.
- Great news for eastsiders! They’ll be getting a Chipotle and a Jason’s Deli by late fall. I’m jealous of them getting a Jason’s Deli. I tried it in Albuquerque and loved their salad bar and veggie Muffaletta.