Title: Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List
Platform: iPhone, iPad, Android, Nook (Color), & Windows phone
Key features: Filters vegan & vegetarian recipes, shopping list, save & share recipes, cooking-friendly views, photos, user reviews
The Epicurious website is my favorite website for finding recipes, so I eagerly downloaded the Epi app when I first got an iPhone. This is by far my favorite and most used recipe app on my phone. Over 30,000 recipes are featured in the app from Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Self, chefs, and cookbooks. The design is sleek, the colors vibrant, and it has a user friendly interface.
- The Home page features preset category groupings such as Weeknight Dinners, Simple Pastas, Decadent Desserts, and Vegetarian Mains (!).
- The search page allows you to filter recipe results by vegetarian and vegan, among other dietary considerations (raw & gluten free are also included!). Supposedly there are 4,983 recipe results for vegetarian and 1,419 results for vegan.
- Tapping on the plus sign in the upper left corner of a recipe allows you to add the recipe to favorites, shopping list, or email. It also allows you to share the recipe on the following services: Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader, Instapaper, Pinboard, Read It Later, and Tumblr.
- There’s also a drink search that includes various categories, such as cocktails, non-alcoholic, smoothies, teas, coffees, etc.
- Cons: Not all recipes contain pictures, you can’t add your own reviews
Teaser: You know I’m gonna try out that “goat cheese” recipe, and possibly post one or more recipes for Vegan MoFo!